Alejandro Antillon A. , LL.M.Managing Partner
Phone: +506 2505 0900
Languages: Spanish and English
San José, Costa Rica
Alejandro Antillón A. is Pacheco Coto’s Managing Partner, focusing on the firm’s business development, operations and strategy. He also heads PACHECO COTO’s Real Estate & Hospitality Division and since 1998, is an active member of the International Tax Planning Division, working jointly in complex real estate ventures and international tax structures. In this capacity, he has assisted numerous real estate developers in all stages of the project development, including financing and international tax structures, thus contributing with his expertise in both these areas of the law, to enhance the Firm´s spearheading practice and leadership.
In 2004-2005, Mr. Antillón held the position of General Manager of Stewart Title Costa Rica, a prominent international title insurance company with extensive business in Central America. Together with the expertise and skills that define his professional practice within PACHECO COTO, his experience with that second organization increased his understanding of the Costa Rican and Central American real estate markets. In 2013, he was elected to the Board of Directors of World Services Group (2013-15).
Clients and international evaluators define Mr. Antillón as one of Costa Rica´s foremost real estate and hospitality lawyers.
Head of the:
- “Real Estate Development - Re-starting the Engine”, International Bar Association, Miami, Fl., U.S.A., mayo 2011.
- “Looking for Sustainable Standards in the Hospitality Industry-The Costa Rica Experience”, 7th Annual Hospitality Law Conference, Houston, Texas, February 2009
- “DOING BUSINESS IN CENTRAL AMERICA“, 6th Annual Hospitality Law Conference, Houston Texas, February 2008
- Costa Rican Bar Association
- International Fiscal Association
- New York State Bar Association
- World Services Group
- Global Alliance of Hospitality Attorneys
- Member of the International Investment Funds Committee of the SAMA Group Administrative Society of Investment Funds (2009- )
Boards of directors:
- World Services Group 2013-14
- The Humberto Pacheco Coto Foundation (2009-)
- Listed by Chambers Global and Chambers Global Latin America in Band 1 and as “Star Individual”, Real Estate and Hospitality Law category (2006 to 2014)
- Member of the Board of Directors of WSG (2013-2014)
- Listed as “Leading Lawyer” by IFLR 1000 (2011 and 2013)
- General Manager Stewart Title Costa Rica 2004-2005
- Secretary of the Board of Directors of the Pacheco Coto Fundation (2009-)
- Listed in Marquis Who’s Who Legal - Real Estate
- Harvard University, Harvard Business School Real Estate Executive Program, (Capital Markets, Project Finance and Business Strategy, 2012)
- Universidad Austral, Faculty of Law, Buenos Aires Argentina (Intensive Course on International Tax Law, 2005)
- Robert Kennedy University (International Tax Law Post Graduate Program, 2002)
- National Stock Exchange of Costa Rica (Costa Rican Stockbrokers Formation Course, 1998)
- The 10th Annual International Trade Update (Georgetown Law School, 1995)
- The Evolution of Free Trade in the Americas (Washington College of Law, 1995)
- Professor of International Contracts, Universidad Latinoamericana de Ciencias y Tecnología ULACIT, (1996-2000)
Practice AreasReal Estate and Hospitality
- Admitted to the Bar of the Republic of Costa Rica, 1994
- Washington Collage of Law, American University, Master of Laws in International Business Law (LL.M., 1996)
- Universidad Autónoma de Centro América (Licentiate in Law, Summa Cum Laude Mention, 1994)
- Universidad Autónoma de Centro América (Notary Public, 1994)
Related News & Publications
- “Costa Rica Overview” – Chambers Global Guide 2012
- “Investment Opportunities - Costa Rica” (co-author Larry B. Pascal), IFLR1000, 2010.
- “Real Estate Development Projects in Costa Rica”, International Financial Law Review, Septermber 2010.
- “El Perfil de Inversionista - Un Caso Práctico”, La República, April 2009
- “The Marinas Law No. 7744 – Costa Rica, on the road to improvement”, Stewart Title Magazine, May 2008.
- “Developing and registering condo-hotels in Costa Rica’s coastline”, Hospitality Lawyer Conference, Houston, 2007
- “Costa Rica: A growing and attractive real estate market”, Real Estate Portfolio, National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts; (Co-Authored with Cristián Roberts); 2005.